Friday, August 21, 2015

Week 2....complete

Whew! At my school, teachers had a full week last week, with students joining the fun last Wednesday.  This was our first full week of class.

Thoughts so far...
* Using the traffic light cups strategy has been fun for the freshmen, and I like getting them used to the process now, before we get to the stuff that's harder for them.

* I am getting used to the way no classroom is set up this year - I turned it sideways, so I have more columns of students facing me and fewer kids 7 seats back who can barely see.  Biggest change so far is fewer squinting kids trying to see from too far back in the room.  I also moved my Smartboard higher (actually it's slightly too high to be really useful, but that's another story), so students have an easier time seeing over the heads of those in front of them.

* I have one class that has some real personalities.  These are freshmen, and it usually takes them a while to come out of their shell.  Not this little class.  There are some very self-possessed kids in there!

* Our copier has been broken and I get so mad every time I see it.

* Cutting back on the number of quizzes I give has allowed me to spend more time giving meaningful students and gives students more time to master each concept.  So far, it has been great!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...